Brandon Brown quiere un perro - teachersguide TPRS/CI
Brandon Brown quiere un perro – Teacher’s Guide
216 total pages, 10 chapters, Answer keys included
Table of Contents:
In Every Chapter:
- Pre-reading discussion questions
- Pre-reading activities
- Reading comprehension
- Comprehension questions
- Post-reading discussion questions
Features and Highlights:
- Beyond the text readings
- Las llamas- ¿la mascota perfecta?
- Reader’s Theater
- Introduce students to children's games from Latin America and Spain
- Hands-on and brain break activities like “shaving cream spelling” build student engagement
- Use puzzle activities to inspire higher order thinking
- Incorporate math skills with graphing activities
- Introduce the traditional birthday song Las mañanitas
- Brandon’s Birthday Party!
- Perros, perros
- ¡Vaya! Como conversar con tus amigos en español
Brandon Brown quiere un perro
Brandon Brown really wants a dog, but his mother is not quite so sure. A dog is a big responsibility for any age, much less a soon-to-be 9-year-old. Determined to get a dog, Brandon will do almost anything to get one, but will he do everything it takes to keep one…a secret?
The exceptionally low unique word count and high frequency factor (the number of times core structures are embedded in the text) make this an ideal read for very beginning Spanish students. Each page is loaded with cognates (words that are similar in English and Spanish), recycled vocabulary, and illustrations, which makes this read highly comprehensible. Enjoy the story! The more you enjoy it, the more you will acquire Spanish without even realizing it! Happy reading!